Water In Yard
Water Pooling in Yard
Heavy spring rains and the winter thaw can leave you with water pooling in your yard. This could cause basement water problems. If the water is pooling around the foundation, it will eventually seep into your basement and cause water damage. Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services wants to help keep your property dry and comfortable. Water in your basement can cause a number of issues such as:
- Humidity in the living area
- Mold and mildew
- Rot and decay of wood
- Staining of wall covering
- Personal possession damage
- Structural damage
If water is pooling around your home, this can cause foundation issues. At the first sign of water pooling in your yard, contact the professionals at Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services. We can help keep the water from pooling in your yard and prevent it from causing water damage to your home and basement.
Solutions for Excess Water in Your Yard in Ohio and PA
The experts at Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services can come and inspect your home and yard and offer the best solutions to help with the water pooling in your yard. We can install a surface drainage system around your home. This system includes:
- Grading and slope of the landscaping
- Drainage ditches
- Channel drains
- Catch basins
- Water collection
We will check your home and make sure the gutters and downspouts are the right sizes. Uneven surface grading can result in the pooling of water in your yard. This can be fixed by grading to an even slope.
Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services offers exterior waterproofing and drainage system for your home. Our exterior waterproofing system consists of:
- Waterproofing membrane-The waterproofing membrane combines the durability of asphalt with the elasticity of rubber to provide a barrier against water leaks. This membrane is rolled or sprayed onto the foundation to stop water from entering.
- Dimple drainage board-The dimple drainage board is a prefabricated product that consists of a solid, formed, three-dimensional core covered with a geotextile filter fabric bonded to the dimple side of the core.
- 4″ perforated drain pipe and 4″ drain pipe fittings-The ECP drain pipe is installed along the exterior of the home that leads to the sump pump.
- Earth Contact Products (ECP) sump basin- It collects water from around foundations and a sump pump activates to move the water away from the foundation
- Combination primary/backup sump pump-They have a high pumping capacity and are designed to be the most energy efficient and longest lasting sump pumps on the market.
- Sump pump discharge freeze guard-The sump pump freeze guard prevents the water that is being discharged away from the home, from freezing.
So if you see water pooling in your Pennsylvania or Ohio home, let the professionals at Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services install a basement water drainage system so you won’t have to worry about water entering your basement. With over 30 years of experience and using the best products made by Earth Contact Products, you can be assured that the job will be done right and last a lifetime. Contact us today for a free estimate.