Sloping & Uneven Floors
SLOPING & UNEVEN FLOORS CAN BE A SIGN OF FOUNDATION SETTLEMENT
Sloping and uneven floors can go undetected for many years until other foundation issues arise. If you suspect you have sloping or uneven floors, get a marble or ball to see if it rolls down the floor. If it rolls, then this can be a good indicator that you have a settling or sinking foundation and you should call Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services.
If you have sloping or uneven floors, then contact Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services today. Sloping and uneven floors are signs that your home has weak structural support. If you ignore these warning signs, you may face costly repairs and major foundation damage.
So what causes sloping or uneven floors? Settling is the common cause of sloping and uneven floors. As the soil shifts and moves, it damages the foundation and overall structure of your home.
The leading cause of soil-related issues is due to:
- Poorly compacted soils: Homes or buildings built on poorly compacted soil can lead to settling.
- Inconsistent moisture levels in the soil: Changes in the moisture level beneath the foundation can affect the soil. Too much water creates pressure against the foundation walls. Not enough water causes the soil to shrink and become weak.
- Weak bearing soils: Soil beneath and around your home becomes weak and unable to support the structure’s weight.
Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services can assess your home and determine the source of your foundation issues for homes in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
SLOPING AND UNEVEN FLOOR REPAIR SOLUTIONS
Sloping and uneven floors are signs of foundation issues that require immediate attention. The experts at Matthews Wall Anchor & Waterproofing Services can inspect your foundation to find the best solution for your home’s needs. This is not a job for your local handyman, you need a professional with the necessary skills and expertise to get the job done right the first time. We use the latest underpinning products on the market made by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the leading manufacturer of foundation repair and basement waterproofing products.
Our experts can install steel push piers to lift and repair your sloping floors back to normal. Steel push piers are used because they offer the following amenities:
- Support and strengthen your foundation
- Lifts and levels the foundation back to its original position
- 25-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Manifold system
- Minimal disturbance to the work area
- Uses strong, durable steel
- Fast, effective installation process
- Reaches deep into the stable soils for support
Contact our experts today, so we can support, strengthen, and restore the value of your home. For any questions or concerns, our team guarantees the right solution for your sloping or uneven floors. If you live in the Pittsburgh, PA area, call us today for a free estimate!